Friday 23 August 2013

Latest Competition

Latest competition

'Win a beach break in Cornwall' - through Jamie Oliver's website.  Saw something on Happy Monkey's facebook page (smoothies that my 15 month son adores - see pic!) but as I can't get on to FB after 1.30 in the office, thought it might be on JO's website.  Came across this one instead.  Closing date 24th August. Prize is a two night B&B break at Watergate Bay Hotel, a half day surf lesson at the Extreme Academy, and dinner for two at Fifteen Cornwall. 

(Insert Bristolian Accent here) Sounds lush!  

We visited JO's Fifteen Cornwall years ago.  I made Chris take a day off work and didn't tell him what I had planned.  I got his passport from his mum, picked him up in the morning and drove him to Bristol airport.  At this point he still had no idea where we actually going!  Hopefully he wasn't thinking somewhere nice and exotic (especially as we had only booked the one day off work!)

Nope, we arrived in the airport and I took him to the check-in desk for Newquay.  I know what you're thinking - how lazy to FLY to newquay!  But i was a new driver at this time, had never done long distances in my little green peugeot, and wasn't about to start now!

It was only a 1/2 hour flight; we arrived, got in the taxi and that's when I told him that I had booked us a table at JO's Fifteen Cornwall. I'm pretty sure he was shocked by it all!! 

We had a lovely 3 course meal (I had secretly hoped that the famous JO would himself be there - that would have been the icing on the cake!) , a stroll around Newquay, and then got the plane back to Bristol!  All in a days work!!

H :-)
x

James enjoying a Happy Monkey Smoothie:



No comments:

Post a Comment