Friday 23 August 2013

I'm starting a blog

I'm starting a blog.

A blog to write down all my random thoughts.  A blog to share good news and a blog to share bad news.  Somewhere where I can escape to and just write and share, and if people read and write back then thats great.  And if people don't then it doesn't matter; its out of my head and down on paper (down on the computer??  Whats the right saying??)  and I can fill my head with new things and enjoy moving forward and seeing what's round the corner.

I'm also going to start an experiment: to see how successful someone can be entering all these competitions you can get on social media nowadays. I go through phases with things like that - you see loads of loads of them and they have fantastic prizes and you think, they can't be real - no one ever really wins things.  

But i have actually one something once!  I saw a competition on Facebook and all I had to do was submit a funny photo.  Thats it.  No 100s of questions etc, just upload a photo that you took yourself and that was original and wait and see.  And i won a brand new digital camera :-)  I didn't even notice i'd won at first.  It wasn't until my friend Steve shared the link with me that I saw!   So I sent them my address, and again fully doubted that I would ever actually see anything in the post.  Them BOOM, a few days later it arrived!!  

So that's given me faith that they aren't all a load of junk, and now i'm on a mission to see what else I can actually get.

In the last couple of days I've entered a competition for Joules through their Facebook site to win some new pretty bedding  (we've had the same few sets on rotate for years, and we're thinking of decorating our room, so it made sense to enter).  No luck :(

But success! I saw a comment on Annabel Karmel's facebook asking for people with toddlers to taste their new products.  And I was chosen!  Apparently they are on their way to me in the post; watch this space.

I'm still quite cynical about the whole thing, but i'm happy to give it the benefit of the doubt and put a positive attitude for a little while and see how it goes.  

Think positive be positive??

I might put a pound on the lottery this weekend too, thats just one big competition too, right?

H :-)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment